ABOUT CONTACT PARTNERSHIPS FEATURES SHOP BLOGLOVIN VIDEOS
back to top html arrow button
} -->

Receive Fashion & Beauty Updates! Click the Like Button Below

6.15.2013

Pantene Truly Natural Collection


I have to admit that when I find products that work for my natural hair, I tend to stick to them. Why rock the boat, right? My hair is very fragile and prone to breakage if I don't baby it, and I only use products that help to seal in moisture and protect it. I'm always interested in products that are specifically designed for my hair type, so when the opportunity to try the new Truly Natural line came, I was all ears. I have used and liked Pantene products in the past, so I was curious to see how my hair would respond to these products.
The product line includes:

- Co-Wash Cleansing Conditioner
- Clarifying Shampoo
- Defining Curls Styling Custard
- Deep Conditioner
- Shine Serum with Argan Oil

I've been able to try all of the products in the line, so I thought I'd share my thoughts on each product below.

- Co-Wash Cleansing Conditioner - I'm used to co-washing or washing my hair with conditioner instead of harsh shampoo, so I was interested to see if this would be better than the product I currently use. It has a nice "slip" to it, and did leave my hair feeling soft after use. I'd have to continue using it to determine if I love it.
- Clarifying Shampoo - With the amount of oils I use to moisturize my hair, about once or twice a month I deep clean my scalp to remove product buildup. I love that this shampoo really helped to remove buildup without tangling my hair. 
- Defining Curls Styling Custard - I'm not a fan of gels or curl definers in general, and I didn't love the way this left my hair feeling. It was a bit dry for my taste, but I think it could work for a twist or braid out style. 
- Deep Conditioner - I left this on my hair overnight as I do my normal deep conditioner, and I loved the result. My hair was so easy to detangle when I rinsed it out, and my curls were soft and defined.
- Shine Serum with Argan Oil - The scent of the serum is what really sold me, but it did help with shine as well. Definitely good for days when my hair needs an extra shine boost.

Overall, I think Pantene did a great job with these products, and for the drugstore price (most products are $4.99 or $5.99), the quality is similar to more expensive brands. I'd definitely recommend to my curly girls out there.


I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.