ABOUT CONTACT PARTNERSHIPS FEATURES SHOP BLOGLOVIN VIDEOS
back to top html arrow button
} -->

Receive Fashion & Beauty Updates! Click the Like Button Below

11.05.2012

Hurricane Sandy + Updates

By now most of you know about the devastation of Hurricane Sandy, and the impact the storm has had on the East Coast. After I lost power last Monday night, I wasn't sure when I would be able to blog again, but I'm happy to say I've been safe and sound in Brooklyn since last Thursday. I, like so many others were unprepared for Sandy, and still can't really fathom what's been happening. I was lucky that my brother and boyfriend were able to come get me in New Jersey, but there are so many others who weren't as lucky. My area is still without power, but it doesn't compare to the people who lost everything. I've been a bit hesitant to even blog, and feel a bit of guilt for trying to get back to normal, when so many have nothing to go back to. For the few days I was in the dark without access to the social media world, it was a scary wake up call. I had little food, no hot water or heat and my building was pitch black. Necessities that I hardly think about, were all I wanted at that point. It really makes you think that the trivial shit we complain about, hope for, and covet are so meaningless when disaster strikes. I was lucky, even then. I still had a roof, warm blankets, and a gas. So many couldn't say the same.  I still feel a bit strange about things, but hopefully I'll resume my normal blogging schedule soon. I'm rambling now, so I'll end with this: if you can donate time or money for those affected by Hurricane Sandy, please do. You can donate to the disaster relief efforts of the Red Cross by going to their website here or texting REDCROSS to the number 90999.


 Hope you all are safe and sound.
Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.