ABOUT CONTACT PARTNERSHIPS FEATURES SHOP BLOGLOVIN VIDEOS
back to top html arrow button
} -->

Receive Fashion & Beauty Updates! Click the Like Button Below

6.03.2013

GLAM Summer Beauty Board

I'm so excited to be a member of the GLAM Summer Beauty Board and have the chance to share a few more of the latest and greatest products with you. You may remember my Spring Beauty Board post, where I tried products to revive our winter skin. The theme of this season's beauty board is definitely summertime fine - all of the products you need to prep and beautify your skin for the warm months ahead! Just as before, I've listed the products along with a description, and those marked with an (*) are my favorites of the bunch.


Perfect for applying your mineral foundation, this fluffy but dense brush gives you alot of control. It makes achieving an airbrushed finished really easy.


4. Kusmi BB Detox Tea, $20  - A detox green tea to help improve the skin? Sign me up! This tea includes a hint of grapefruit and is said to be a great alternative if you have a hard time drinking loads of water (like me).

5. Schick Hydro Silk Razor, $11 - I've never met a Schick razor I didn't love, and this one is no different. The conditioner built into the razor assures no nicks and cuts!

6. St. Tropez One Night Only Instant Glow Spray, $16 - I gave this to my same friend of mine who uses spray tans to try and she loved it! It gave her the natural looking glow she wanted, without looking like a certain Jersey Shore cast member.

7. Alterna Bamboo Beach Summer Ocean Waves Texturizing Spray, $20 - I gave this to a friend of mine who was going on a weekend holiday to the beach. She used it before hitting the beach, and said that she loved the scent and that it didn't make her hair crunchy or brittle.


Just as the name suggests, this helps to remove dead skin without being harsh or leaving skin dry. I've tried in place of my regular deep cleanser, and it worked wonders especially on a couple of dry patches around my nose.
Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15

I've been wanting to try a mineral foundation for ages, especially for my oily skin. I've been apprehensive to try a powder, since I'm so used to my liquid foundation that I use on a regular basis. I've heard so many good things about Bare Escentuals, especially from women with oily skin so I was really excited to try this matte version of the foundation. I found it was super easy to apply with the face brush, and the finish was definitely matte - it didn't sink into my pores or make my skin appear  dry. Around midday when my skin is usually oily, it was nice to not have to use a blotting paper or have to touchup with powder. I would definitely recommend this to anyone with oily skin.

Bare Escentuals Well Rested Face and Eye Brightener

I have hereditary dark under-eye circles, so any product that will help me not look like a zombie is a lifesaver. I like that this brightener can be used on the face as well. I've applied it as a highlighter on my cheekbones and on the bridge of my nose. I find that it isn't shimmery or glittery at all - it leaves you with a lit-from-within look that is really flattering.

Bioelements Oil Control Mattifier

First let me say, I will never be without this. I haven't come across another product that has successfully kept my oily t-zone at bay. The first time I tried this it was around 90 degrees and my face managed to stay practically oil-free the entire day. Of course, I was sweating a bit and by the end of the day my skin was tired, but I did not need to wash my face or blot at all. I now have been using this under my makeup and have the same result - no oil slicks here! I can't say enough good things about this product, a definite must have for the summer.

Thanks again to GLAM for letting me try these amazing products! Will you add any of these products to your Summer beauty routine?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.