ABOUT CONTACT PARTNERSHIPS FEATURES SHOP BLOGLOVIN VIDEOS
back to top html arrow button
} -->

Receive Fashion & Beauty Updates! Click the Like Button Below

6.11.2013

DIY: Lucite Box Clutch

If you saw my last outfit post, you know that I've been crushing on lucite/perspex clutches since I saw the Alice & Olivia version on Solange Knowles. The pricetag is a bit steep, and even though Etsy has a version that is a dead ringer for the original, I knew I could DIY it. And after seeing the genius tutorial from SwellMayde, I had to give it a try for sure! I made this beauty for a little less than $20. Not bad for a newbie, huh? 

I love the idea of striped insert, but I wanted a brighter option, so I used this watercolor pouch from F21. This is totally optional, but I really like how it looks! Below are the step by step directions.

Supplies:
- Two  9 1/2 x 6 1/2 Lucite Trays (I used two that I purchased at my local Container Store)
- E6000 jewelry adhesive

Steps:
1. Apply adhesive to the bottom part of each side of the hinges. Note - It's easiest to do these one at a time!
2. Place each hinge onto the longer side of the tray (I placed mine about 1 1/2 inches away from the corner). Be sure to do this one tray at a time.
3. Apply adhesive to the bottom of the decorative hasp set,
4. Apply hasp to the center of the longer side of the tray, allow to dry completely.

This was such a fun and quick little weekend project - will you try it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.