ABOUT CONTACT PARTNERSHIPS FEATURES SHOP BLOGLOVIN VIDEOS
back to top html arrow button
} -->

Receive Fashion & Beauty Updates! Click the Like Button Below

3.08.2013

Runway Nails with Sally Hansen


The Runway is a constant source of inspiration for nail trends, and the Spring 2013 shows from NYFW were no exception. The Spring season is my favorite beauty-wise, and I always swoon over the bright colors and patterns that are seen on the models backstage. This season I fell absolutely in love with the nail art seen on the models at Creatures of the Wind. When Sally Hansen asked me to create a nail look using inspiration from the runway, I already had this look in mind! I liked how intricate the pattern looked, but I knew it would be easy to customize and make as subtle or as funky as I wanted.

photo via


Off I went to Walgreens to pick up a few Sally Hansen goodies to re-create the look. The Walgreens I visited in the Empire State Building had an wide selection of Sally Hansen products, but I chose the most vibrant colors that reminded me of Spring (for more on what I found in-store, check out my Google+ album here). I also made sure to use my Balance Rewards card to rack up points for my future purchases - I saw a few other nail colors I need to add to my collection soon. Walgreens is having a BOGO 50% on Insta-Dri polish and Salon Effects through 3/30, and you will receive 2000 Balance Reward points if you buy two between 3/10-3/16. Needless to say, I'm stocking up soon.

I chose 4 of the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear colors (2 shown below, excluding white and pink), and a Neon Pink nail art pen. I knew I wanted to use colors similar to the inspiration photo in my design, but I wanted a more subtle look. Nail art can be both fun and wearable, and I definitely wanted my design to reflect that. 



I first tried my design with a white base, but liked how the colors popped with just a base coat underneath. I then used my nail art pen to draw "squiggly" lines from the base to the tip of  my nail, concentrating mostly on the right side of my nail. I wanted to use as many colors as possible, and the design really works well if you layer the colors on top of one another. I repeated my line drawing with the blue, orange, and pink colors that I had. Below is the final look!


If you're feeling inspired to create your own nail art look, be sure to enter Sally Hansen's #ILuvNailArt contest on Facebook. One of the prizes includes a trip to New York, so get your creativity flowing! Click the photo to go directly to the contest page. A huge thanks to Sally Hansen for the opportunity!



I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias®  and COTY #cbias #SocialFabric. All opinions are my own.

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe you did those yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So rad!!

    www.alifeinthefashionlane.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fun and funky, love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.