ABOUT CONTACT PARTNERSHIPS FEATURES SHOP BLOGLOVIN VIDEOS
back to top html arrow button
} -->

Receive Fashion & Beauty Updates! Click the Like Button Below

2.06.2013

2013 Grammy Awards : Who Will Win?

I don't usually post about shows outside of the fashion highlights, but this year, a few of my favorite artists are nominated, so I thought I'd share. The three categories I'll be anticipating are Best New Artist,  Best R&B Performance, and Best R&B Album. Musically, the past year was really exciting, and I'm glad to see a few familiar faces nominated. For Best New Artist, the nominees are all so good, but I'm predicting Fun will win. I mean, just mentioning the song gets We Are Young stuck in my head! For R&B Peformance and Album, I was thrilled to see both Miguel and Tamia nominated. They're both two of my favorite artists, and both albums are incredibly underrated. Check out the nominees below, along with my picks (in bold) in the categories I mentioned.


Best New Artist

» The Alabama Shakes
» Fun. 
» Hunter Hayes
» The Lumineers
» Frank Ocean



Best R&B Performance

» Estelle - "Thank You" 
» Robert Glasper Experiment feat. Ledisi - "Gonna Be Alright (F.T.B.) 
» Luke James - "I Want You" 
» Miguel - "Adorn" 
» Usher - "Climax"




Best R&B Album

» Robert Glasper Experiment, Black Radio
» Anthony Hamilton, Back To Love
» R. Kelly, Write Me Back
» Tamia, Beautiful Surprise
» Tyrese, Open Invitation


As far as performances go, I'm excited to see Justin Timberlake. I'm not fond of his new song at all, but I'm curious to see if he'll let us hear any more new material.

Will you be watching?

1 comment:

  1. I can agree that Fun is going to win Best New Artist. They are a funky group that I like a lot, and I think they can win it. I’ll be working late at DISH on the night that the Grammy Awards show comes on, so that’s a bummer. At least I have peace of mind knowing that during primetime, my DISH Hopper DVR will automatically record all four of my local networks using the PrimeTime Anytime feature. I have other shows that are on different primetime networks, so it’s nice that I don’t have to worry about setting timers for each of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.